How to disable your Daytime Running Lights (instructions with pictures in the link)
1. Remove the upper and lower steering column covers (6 screws ). Removing the trip reset button connector is recommended.
2. Remove the instument cluster cover (four spring clips, pull toward the steeing wheel, do not pull on the instrument shroud, only on the sides).
3. Remove instrument cluster (4 screws).
4. Remove the two lower column cover mounting brackets (4 screws).
5. Gently remove the instrument cluster, disconnect connectors (2).
6. Two machine screws hold the Switch Pack module to a dash bracket. Don’t drop them!
7. Gently pull out the Switch Pack module.
8. As part of the harness you will see a green wire with a connector. Pull the wires appart and secure the loose ends with tie wraps to the harness.
9. Test and Reassmble. Be careful with the instrument cluster connectors and cable routing.
Now your headlights work like an ’05.
Why? My car is hard enough to see – DRL helps me not get run over!
This might be something you want to do if you’ve installed HID low beams – The low beams go on when you turn the ignition switch, then go out when you crank the starter and boot up again when the engine starts. Not good for HID life…